4/26/2012

The reality behind vampires

Women I ask you; what is it with us and vampires these days? Is it their leather jackets, their strength and speed, their craving for our bodies? A lot of people say that it's the combo of the dangerous protector that lures us women into their bloody caves. But let's be honest; if vampires would look like a bald Austin Powers on a Charlie Sheen diet, would the specie still be winning? If you ask me, it's the cute faces of our dreamy TV vamps that won us over in the first place.

A decade ago we crushed over musical stars smoking too much cigarettes, riding motorcycles, bursting into song, and don't even get me started on Dirty Dancing. What do all these men have in common? They're hot; yes, wear leather; yes and.. (spoiler alert) they are totally and utterly fake! They don't exist. Shocker, I know. But Twilight... is not a documentary! People cannot climb trees in the blink of an eye, wolves do not speak English and if you meet a guy that wants to bite you, please call 911 immediately.

Don’t get me wrong; I love the idea of vampires, but ask yourself this, do we love them because they are vampires, or because they are sugarcoated with the faces of the likes of Robert Pattinson? If you could choose, wouldn’t you rather get kissed by Ian Somerhalder than bitten by Damon Salvatore? Well, I know what I will be dreaming about tonight ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment